The following will provide answers to general questions about American Home Guardian’s (AHG) home warranty protection, how to order a contract, and how to file claims:
- Definition Of A Home Warranty:
Home Warranties (a.k.a.: Home/Residential Service Contracts or Home Protection Plans) provide repair or replacement service for Appliances, Heating or Cooling systems, Plumbing, Electrical, Pool/Spa, Roof Repair, Garage Door Openers, Water Heaters, Ceiling Fans, and more that fail due to normal usage. AHG’s home warranty coverage is available in increments of 1, 2 or 3 years and in most cases the policy is renewable. Please note: Home warranties are a contract, terms and conditions apply.
- Why Should All Homeowners Have A Home Warranty?
When your utility systems or appliances fail, a home warranty will protect the Homeowner from exorbitant, unplanned repair costs. Examples or typical home repair costs are as follows:
|Description of Item||Cost Without Coverage||Cost With Coverage|
|Heating or Cooling System Repair||$135.00 to $2,000.00||$60.00*|
|Heating or Cooling System Replacement.||$1,200.00 to 5,000.00||$60.00*|
|Appliance Repair||$95.00 to $750.00||$60.00*|
|Appliance Replacement||$350.00 to $2,000.00||$60.00*|
|Plumbing Repair||$90.00 to $1,000.00*+||$60.00*|
|Electrical Repair||$70.00 to $1,000.00*+||$60.00*|
|*= See contract for details|
It’s not a matter of “if” you are going to need home repairs . . . it’s “when”!
- General Overview Of How Home Warranties Work:
- At the first sign a repair is required on a covered item, the homeowner is to call the toll free service number: 866-710-3700 to request repair service. Operators are available 24/7/365.
- The warranty company will then dispatch a qualified contractor. This contractor will contact the homeowner to schedule the appointment to make the repair.
- All dispatched calls require a Service Fee to be paid.
- All repairs made by the warranty company are guaranteed for 60 days.
- Benefits Of Having A Home Warranty For Home Buyers:
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing all your utility systems, appliances, and more in your home are covered.
- Minimize the inconvenience and cost of unexpected home repairs.
- Quick service response and repair scheduling.
- No more time spent searching for affordable, trustworthy contractors.
- Every contractor is prescreened and is qualified to make all required repairs.
- Around the clock customer support.
- Benefits Of Having A Home Warranty For Home Sellers*:
- FREE coverage for up to 180 days during the listing period*.
- Sell your house faster and at higher price.
- Prevent post-sale disputes related to utility systems and appliances.
- See benefits for Home Buyers.
- Please note: By electing to take advantage of the FREE Sellers coverage, you are agreeing to purchase an AHG home warranty at the close of escrow. If you home does not sale, the policy will expire. Prior to the policy expiration, you will be given the opportunity to purchase the policy.
* = See contract for details
- Choosing The Right Coverage:
- First, AHG recommends that you download the brochure from the home warranty page on the website. We want all customers to spend some time reviewing all of the comprehensive contracts we offer to make sure you are getting the coverage that best matches your needs. We understand that not all homes are the same. Therefore, we have made it possible to customize a contract to meet every homeowners specific needs.
- On the back cover of the brochure (or page 4 of the pdf) there is a list of 4 available policies to choose from, as well as 13 possible upgrades. Please note the prices of each plan at the upper right.
- If an upgrade item is listed in the plan you select, you do not need to upgrade your plan to include it. Example: The Guardian plan includes the clothes washer, dryer and refrigerator, etc.
- AHG Strongly recommends the Platinum Protection Upgrade. See the inside cover of the brochure (or page 2 of the pdf) for details.
- If ordering on the website, just follow the prompts on the screen and complete all required fields.
- If completing the back cover of the brochure, Select the plan you would like, then select desired upgrades, then indicate the number years of coverage you would like. Please note the bonus months of coverage by selecting multiple years of coverage. Purchasing multiple years of coverage also protects homeowners from price increases.
- Complete the homeowner name and address of the property covered by the contract.
- The start date is typically the close of escrow date or the listing date for free sellers coverage.
- Indicate the method of payment.
- If in a real estate transaction it is required to provide Title Company and Agent information.
- Make sure to complete the alternate mailing information if applicable.
- Fax the order form to 480-649-0961 or you can call 866-710-3700 to place the order.
- Keep the brochure and order form for your records.
- When AHG has processed the order, and order confirmation letter will be provided.
- When the contract has been paid for you will receive a copy of the order confirmation and a contract booklet in the mail, typically within 7 to 10 days from the date of payment.
- What Is Not Covered By Home Warranties And Homeowner Obligations:
- The terms and conditions of the contract are listed in the brochure. Please note that under each covered item, there are covered and not covered items. If you have questions, please call toll free 866-710-3700. Please spend the time to review the contract.
- The homeowner is required to comply with the manufactures routine or preventative maintenance guidelines for all covered items. If you have questions, or if you need a referral to a contractor to perform the service, please call AHG at 866-710-3700, or contact the manufacture of the item in question.
- Home Warranties do not cover damage from storms. You will need to contract your Homeowner Insurance if this occurs.
- To be eligible for warranty coverage, all covered items must be in “safe and correct” working order when the policy starts. Pre-existing conditions and improperly installed items will not be covered. Normal usage must also be demonstrated.
- Home Warranties do not compensate for consequential damage or loss. Example: If you had a flood in your home, the warranty company will repair the leak. However, you would need to contact your homeowners insurance to replace the flooring, furniture, cabinets, etc, that were damaged as result of the flood.
- Please see the contract for details to determine limits of liability.
- AHG provides peace of mind knowing your greatest investment (your home) is protected.
- AHG home warranties relieve the stress of unplanned/budgeted home repair costs that always seem to happen at the worst possible time.
- When you need repairs at your home that are included in the coverage, you can rest assured that AHG will repair the item or pay fair market value for the item for it to be replaced (contract terms and conditions apply to replacement).
- Total customer satisfaction is our goal. AHG offers a 100% satisfaction 60 day guarantee on all parts and labor.
- AHG makes the home repair process very easy. All it takes is one call to get your home repair request started.
- Quick repair service response and flexible repair scheduling.
- No more time spent searching for affordable, trustworthy service providers.
- AHG has assembled a network of the most reputable service providers in your area for all your repair needs.
- AHG's service and repair technicians are pre-screened and guaranteed to be qualified for the job.
- AHG offers 24/7x365 support for customers. You can call anytime to set-up a service request. Please note in section 5 of the contract, the hours repair service will take place.
- AHG will replace the item with a builder standard grade, environmentally and code compliant equivalent item if the item that has failed is within its useful life as determined by industry authorities or the manufacturer.
- AHG will provide a “cash-out” option based on the current value of the item.
- Or if applicable to the specific failure, AHG will offer a gift card to a preferred vendor to allow you the opportunity to select a specific replacement.
If you did not find the answer to the question you have above, please do not hesitate to call us at 866-710-3700. We will be happy to provide assistance to you.
Thank-you for your business!